Harry Potter, I am pretty sure that the proportion of people who have been teens in the late 1990s- early 2000s and haven’t read these amazing seven books; is a very small proportion. Personally they are one of my absolute favourites. Perhaps because they were the first books I owned apart from Enid Blyton. Recently I came across a post saying James Sirius Potter, Harry’s first born (and yes I refer to them as real people, deal with it) starts Hogwarts this year, as a Gryffindor! I cheered out loud at that and decided to re-read some of the books again. That of course made me want to write this blog.
I know I am not the first one to write such a post, but really wanted to share why Harry Potter is important to me, so please bear with me. Of course, if any one wants to share their own favourites from this series, or any book for that matter, please drop a comment, would love to hear it.
1.it takes courage to stand up to your friends
2. Sometimes you have to break the rules to do what is right
3. There are More Important things than textbook knowledge, such as loyalty and bravery
4.it is the choices we make that define us
5. you are truly gone from this world when nobody is loyal to you
6. The simplest of acts can go a long way
7. Our reasons for our actions are only known to us
8. there is no magic more powerful than love
9. Even in the darkest of times sometimes all you need is a good laugh
10. The dead we love never truly leave us. We recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble